The ability to support simultaneous LAN (TCP/IP) and SAN (FCoE, iSCSI) traffic from a single adapter enables significant cost savings from reduced adapter, switch, cabling, power, and cooling expenses, and preserves existing Fibre Channel storage investment. The QLogic 8100 Series supports blazing fast 10GbE Ethernet speed, along with numerous hardware offloads that reduce server CPU utilization.
- Low profile, PCI Express Gen2 adapter
- Reliable Fibre Channel drivers • 10Gbps maximum throughput for high bandwidth storage (SAN) and networking (LAN) traffic
- Full hardware offload for FCoE protocol processing
- Full support for TCP/IP and Ethernet performance enhancements such as priority-based flow control (802.1Qbb), jumbo frames, checksum offloads, and segmentation offloads
- Works seamlessly with existing Fibre Channel storage